Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Sweetest Things

The final appointment I had was on a Friday, June 14th, before I started radiation treatments on Monday.  This is where they would make sure "the mask" fit right and do a trial run with CT scans to get accurately where they needed to radiate the tumor.  I wasn't expecting to be nervous, but I sure was that day.  That morning, before we left for work, I asked Tyler if he could give me a blessing at Mom and Dad's house that evening.  I made sure he was okay with it--that his own emotions weren't too involved.  

I'm so grateful for the incredible power of the priesthood of God on earth, restored to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I have felt on several occasions of its truth, reality and power.  And whenever hands are laid on my head, I receive such comfort and reassurance.  

During the appointment, as I sat on the table with this hard mask on my head for 45 minutes, I got very anxious.  Then, as we met with the doctor, I still had to choke back emotions.  I surely needed help to get through this, and I KNEW a blessing is what I needed to make it courageously.

That evening, as the family all gathered, I told them how hard the appointment was, and invited the men who held the holy Melchezidik priesthood to participate as Tyler gave me a blessing.  The words were so strong, powerful, and reassuring.  Tyler said that the inspiration came during work that day, and had texted me that afternoon, that good things were coming and not to fear.  I'm so grateful he received such beautiful, specific inspiration!  I was told that my dear, sweet Grandma Baird, who I miss from this life so much, would be one of the two angels by my side through every treatment.  They would help keep me company and protect my vision... and I was promised my vision would be spared!

Tyler was so overcome with emotion, as was I and many of us in the room, that he was shaking.  For days we talked about it, so comforted and feeling so blessed in the Lord's promises!  And we know His promises are sure, we have seen that time and again in our lives!


As treatments went on, I was grateful for all the love and support, especially from sweet Tyler, my wonderful Mom and Dad, from friends at church, and long-time concerned friends.  
This incredible "care package" below was delivered by the amazing, loyal, kind-hearted Merilee, from her and Kristi.  My favorite thing is the head massager! (Weird wire thing on the left)  I bought one for Mom for her birthday too, and she also loves it. :)
One date night, Tyler took me downtown to eat at the Blue Lemon, walk around City Creek, and then see the "101 Inventions" display at the Leonardo Museum.  Wow!  What a time we live in!
 I have become particularly grateful for these two inventions below!!  The radiation treatment I was receiving is so advanced and complex, that they are able to do much to the tumor without bringing damage to the rest of my brain.  Quality of life is amazing!
 Some more sweet things...these flowers from Tyler...
 Wonderful time spent at our favorite Oquirrh Mountain Temple...
 And meals enjoyed at Mom and Dad's! :)
 It was also a treat in July to celebrate Mom's birthday
 And Tyler's birthday too! These two are such amazing angels in my life!


 And as always, it's such a joy to spend time with the family!  I miss my sister Laura, but thank heavens for phones, blogging, and the internet!





 Here's when we celebrated Tyler's birthday with his family in American Fork! 
We were celebrating the lives of all three of these great men!


 And MORE sweet moments brought to you by Tyler... fixing the CD players from school!  What a handyman! He also spend over 60 hours replacing the stereo in the truck, a complex wiring system, but now I have a new CD player and radio to enjoy when I drive the truck!
Tyler's parents took us out for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, and we had a wonderful time talking with them, and learning about him as he was growing up.  What a handsome man, and so kind, humble and Christlike.  Each day is a gift that I'm married to him!  





 I had fun planning for and spoiling Tyler for his birthday!  Luckily, school will always be out during his July birthday, so I get time to be creative and fun!
 We started with presents and waffle breakfast in the morning...
(by the way, he shocked his co-workers when he wore this headband/hat to his meeting later that morning--so glad he did it! Hee hee!)
 Below is one of his new shirts--he actually picked it out!  I think my turquoise love is rubbing off on him!  He is holding a back with lots of other bags.  After radiation, we hopped in the car for some adventures around the valley. The hints for where we would go and what we would do were in each bag-- all with the "Adventure Movie" theme!
 We didn't go to the zoo that night, but that was the plan with this gift!
 A hike to a "National Treasure" and a picnic!














 On the way home, I didn't get a picture of it, but he opened a gift with a movie "The Man in the Gray Suit" with his swimming shorts! We went for a swim in Dad's hot tub. 
Then, he opened the gift of "Kung Fu Panda 2" to watch at home, and a little bag of rhubarb... 
because I made his favorite rhubarb pie!  He loved it.
 Oh, and I decorated the house too!



1 comment:

Laura said...

You are so cute! I'm glad you had such a powerful and wonderful blessing. Oh, how I wish I could have been there. How grateful I am that Grandma Baird was watching over you! Tyler is one lucky guy to have you as his wife.