Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Birthday Boy....er, Man :)

Tyler's Birthday was fun this year! It also marks exactly a year ago that we were engaged, and amazing to think how fast time has flown. At the same time, I can't imagine life without this incredible person in my life! What a gift.
I was excited to plan the day out, especially since I wasn't teaching! We had already spent the big bucks on the dolphin swim in California two weeks earlier for his birthday present (that was WAY worth it!) and I mostly wanted to make it a fun, memorable day!
Here's the schedule I laid out, to make sure it would all work: 7:00 am-- Breakfast, Gifts 8:00 am-- drop off Tyler at work 9:00 am-- (school meetings, work in the classroom) 11:30 am-- Pick up Tyler to take him to lunch! IHOP & give him his card :) 1:00 pm-- (stop by the District Office- set up new email, Flex, payroll, etc.) 2:00 pm-- (Shop at Deseret Book, see Mom & the kids) 4:30 pm-- Pick up Tyler & KFC picnic dinner, then eat at Wheeler Farm! 6:30 pm-- Head to Desert Star Theater for "The Addams Family Home Evening" show. We also did some fun activities with family this year, where we made YUMMY HOMEMADE ice cream and invited everyone over to enjoy a movie on the projector screen outside our building! We actually did it twice, because of the family's different schedules! Unfortunately, it was RAINY for the first party- BIG surprise for this summer!-- so we watched in the clubhouse theater instead. (We Bought a Zoo) The second time, however, the weather was perfect! We enjoyed Tyler's new movie (Big Miracle). It was awesome to enjoy the swimming at the clubhouse, pizza & snacks on the lawn behind our building, volleyball, and movies! We also shared Mom's birthday and nephew Chandler's birthday at the same time. Summer birthdays are so much fun!
It was a fun birthday, and with all he did for me on my birthday in May, hauling the wheelchair in and out of the trunk 10 times (I'm not exaggerating) so we could go wherever I wanted, I felt like I wanted to do even more than I did! I'm so grateful for this incredible man in my life, who is such a Christlike example and takes time to encourage me, surprise me, and show immense love and care for me every day! I love you, honey!
I don't think anyone could ever understand just HOW MUCH I love and appreciate this man for all that he is and all that he does. He is so selfless, so conscious of my needs, and strives daily to make righteous choices and to help me in any way. He never takes offense, and is so humble to do what he knows I would appreciate. I can't believe how similar we are, and also how our differences complement each other. His gift of patience, kindness, goodness, and compassion truly amaze me. And more on this later... :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hooray for an update! And Happy Birthday Tyler. You are cute to make it such a fun day. It's the little things that truly make it fun and memorable and special. :-)

elesa said...

aw you guys are so cute. I love to read your stuff, so thanks for sharing!