Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, June 16, 2014

Grateful for Priesthood Blessings

Last night we had both sets of our parents over for a Father's Day dinner!  These four people mean so much to us and have lived such lives of goodness and service.  We wanted to thank them for their many hours of work on the house, and show them around all the re-modeled rooms!  We couldn't have made it without them.  We are deeply grateful for their unending service and faithful examples to us. 

Being Father's Day, I wanted to make it really special for them, and we worked cleaning, gardening, cooking, and were looking forward to this!  However, in the morning, before church, I suddenly was feeling very weak, achy, sore-throaty, and tired.  I had lots of nausea through church and didn't quite make it all three hours.  As our parents came over, I prayed I could make it through.  We had such a lovely visit, and at the dinner table I enjoyed more of their stories and experiences they shared.  But I didn't feel like eating much at all.  I gradually got worse, and eventually went to check my temperature and lay down on the bed.  I held it in while they were there, and didn't want to ruin their visit.  But as time drew on, and Tyler grew concerned, he offered to have me get a priesthood blessing before they leave.  I'm so glad he did!

I've always appreciated my dad's inspired, gifted way of giving blessings.  He uses his knowledge, his love, and his whole heart to say just what needs to be said.  I usually have Tyler give me the blessing, but Tyler gave me one just a week before with the carpal tunnel surgery, and with it being Father's Day, I thought it would be pretty special to have my dad give it.  He seemed happy, and so we gathered and bowed our heads. 

The power of the priesthood is real.  The words spoken in blessings I have received have felt as special counsel and instruction and comfort from Heavenly Father.  In the blessing, I was counseled to pace myself, to trust and listen to Tyler who wants so much to care for me, and to be open to be where I need to be so future opportunities can happen.  Wow!  I was also told how much Heavenly Father cares for me and watches over me.  I was blessed that I could do well in the last few weeks of teaching school and fulfilling my responsibilities there, and that I would be led in the right directions for the future.  What wonderful, specific words, and more were given!

I sure feel bad when I have to have a substitute, and especially at the end of the year when I'm still enjoying my class and don't want it to end, I really hate to miss school.  But today I stayed home all day, fighting a fever, chills, terrible sore throat, congestion, muscle aches, and bad headache.  I'm so thankful I was able to receive a blessing last night, and that I am already feeling well enough to blog about this.  By the way, my carpal tunnel surgery went well and it's healing much more!  And it's so nice to sleep better at night!

1 comment:

Laura said...

So sorry to hear you are sick! I'm glad you are already feeling better. Good luck getting through the rest of the school week!