Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, November 9, 2012

1 Year!!

Can you believe Tyler and I have been married for one year? We are so joyously and happily married... happier and more in love each day! How did we get so blessed? We ask ourselves that every day. I'm so thankful to be married to a man who strives so diligently to keep the Spirit with him every day, to never give offense, to make right decisions, and is truly the sweetest person. Believe me, coming from someone who sees him and spends time with him every day, he is amazing! I learn so much from him. :) I think after being single until we are 35 and 33, it has helped us appreciate the great blessing of marriage. We think back to the time we were on our own, and we are so grateful the Lord led us to each other!
This year has flown by- it seems like we just celebrated our first Christmas together-- but so much has happened as I reflect, that I realize that it HAD to be a year! Here's what we did each month to celebrate:

For Month 2: I planned a "bowl-themed" date, and I told Tyler he was incredi-bowl, unbelieva-bowl, etc. and made a dinner with lots of stuff in bowls! Then we went bowling. :) Tyler surprised me with fun, red, perfect roses, sent to me at work!!

At 3 Months: I made a treasure hunt for Tyler, taking him many places that had significance for us, ending it at the temple. The treasure at home was a "Wake Up" CD of music! Tyler surprised me with a fun date to the Utah Symphony to hear Beethoven's 5th! I LOVED it!!!
March 5- at our 4 month anniversary, we were having March Madness! We had played bball with the family at Zac's party, been enjoying playing together at the Rec Center-- where I started seeing what great sportsmanship Tyler has!-- and even attended a Jazz game where we unexpectedly met some famous athletes! Fun!

April 5: at 5 Months-- I underwent surgery for my foot tumor, and Tyler was by my side every moment of the way to make sure I was okay! He emptied that gross blood bag, drove me all around... we enjoyed general conference and Easter at my parents', where Tyler learned the "egg fight" tradition! And during those hard days where I couldn't get around, Tyler took my friend's gift (pink fluffy bag!) and kept me laughing!
May 5: My birthday, and at 6 months-- I had undergone a 2nd foot surgery, (it opened after the stitches were taken out-- not done healing yet!) And again, Tyler was with me, staying in the hospital that night! He helped me get the wheelchair I would need to be able to use so I could heal better this time. I was back on track, so he also drove me to work every morning! And countless times he pulled the wheelchair in and out of the car (and so did my dear poor mom!). On this day, May 5th, we went to 10 different places!!! I loved getting out, and I'm sure his biceps felt the effects-- but NEVER a word of complaint, and he said he was just happy to spend the day with me! We went to a park for dinner the night before, shopped at Tai Pan, RCWilley, & Target, did sealings at the temple, ate dinner at Rumbi, and went to see the darling movie "Chimpanzee," after trying THREE(!!!) different theaters! What a day! Also this month, we enjoyed playing a hymn arrangement for Grandma's b-day and for Tyler's mom on Mother's Day.

June 5th: at 7 month anniversary--
Tyler gave me another of those music cards I love, and the first Disney movie to start our collection: Mary Poppins! I wrote him a card too, and made him a cheesecake! We went to Zupa's for dinner, and used gift card money to buy an ice cream maker and a needed can opener! We had fun preparing and planning for our trip to San Diego! I was busy finishing school, and so happy to be healing enough from foot surgery to walk again! Below are some memories of many fun things we did!
This is a picture of Tyler the day he did something unforgettable! He found TURQUOISE flowers, and came to the door, singing a song on his knee to me called, "Crazy 'Bout You, Baby!"
Above is a picture of the LARGE tires used at the Bingham Copper Mine! We enjoyed a visit there to see this site that can be seen from space!
Above, is a re-enactment of the very place and the very person I saw-- the man of my dreams!-- on May 21, 2011. We went to this Applebee's exactly a year later to remember the special day when we met!
Above, we took a picture of ourselves when we had a beautiful night watching the sunset at Daybreak and just talking, on a gorgeous summer night! And below, a fun picture of Tyler making a characteristic pose at the wall of Saltair, a place he heard of from his parents, but had never seen before. We loved the sunset there too!
July 5: 8 months of marital bliss!
Tyler got to experience one of his dreams: SWIM WITH DOLPHINS! What a special, perfect opportunity, and being at Sea World was awesome!
We made a "top 10" list of our trip too-- some unforgettable moments!
1- Tyler's dolphin said, "Roarrrr!" when he gave her a kiss!
2- Tyler threw a pillow in the middle of his sleep one night, waking me up when he knocked over the vase of flowers and I heard the water rushing! ha ha!!
3- Doing sealings at the San Diego temple.
4- Dancing on the jumbotron at Shamu stadium
5- Enjoying the Safari Park habitat
6- Tyler enjoyed using his new camera lens!
7- Tyler said, "I'm just a tiny little bit tired. Tiny little bit? Where do I come up with this stuff?"
8- Eating PB & J tortillas for survival!
9- Eating a Fried Chicken/Bacon/Waffle dinner at Hash House!
10- Relaxing in Old Town San Diego and La Jolla Beach!!
We learned again to have joy in the journey, and to "come what may and love it!"

August 5: 9 months of happily ever after--
Tyler taught a lesson in Elder's Quorom on home teaching, and I shared my brain tumor experience with our new ward. No notes in my journal about how we celebrated...? But I'm sure we did!

September 5: at 10 months of marriage--
Tyler woke up extra early and left to say he wanted to fill up the car for me before he went to work... when he was gone awhile I knew he was up to something! That man is FULL of surprises! I typed up a "10 reasons why I love being married to Tyler" before he returned. :) Sure enough, when he returned, he had a bouquet of peach roses & pink flowers! Later in the day, I purchased a Carl Bloch print of the "Pool of Bethesda" from the Hope Gallery downtown. It illustrates so well how Tyler strives to be like the Savior-- always ministering to others and thinking who can use his prayers or help! We, of course, also danced again in our living room this night. :)


October 5: at 11 months of marital bliss!!
Tyler spoiled me with turquoise pajamas, a great music card, and a new phone charger! He knows what I need. :) There was a Divine hand involved as we went to the temple, where we were able to see Pres. Layton, who sealed us exactly 11 months ago in this very temple! He is being released, and this is likely the last time we would see him there. We had a chance to talk to him, and I said, "We'll never forget that day 11 months ago, and the Spirit we felt. Thank you." We love the Oquirrh Mountain temple!


November 5, 2012-- one year anniversary of our day!
Tyler and I were invited to go to a friend's cabin the weekend before, and we decided rather than stay overnight somewhere, to enjoy the cabin with them, then head to the Manti temple for a session, and then take the day off work Monday, the actual day of our anniversary, to celebrate! Our time at the Manti temple was so special, being the witness couple, and Tyler having never done a session here before. It was only my 2nd time too! We loved it!




Below, is a picture of the beautiful wood burning sign Tyler made for me for our anniversary!
I worked for a couple weeks typing up every text, email, and journal entry I made from and about Tyler, and created a book of "Our Story" for us and our posterity to enjoy! It can help answer all those questions our children may have someday! :) It was fun to read those memories! I also gave him a card and a collection of CDs about Abe Lincoln. We also got our wedding album-- just in time for Nov. 5th!

Then on Monday, we went all over downtown to enjoy the day! We visited my mom in her office at the JSMB, ate lunch at the Lion House, did a tour of the Beehive house, saw the view from the top of the 26th floor at the church office building, saw the model of the SL temple in the south visitor's center, took a quick look through the church history museum, enjoyed the Carl Bloch room at the Hope Gallery, and then had enough time to catch frozen yogurt and a movie at the Gateway- Wreck it Ralph. What a full, fun day! But it wouldn't matter what we did-- I was happy to spend it with my best friend!
We are so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ, that makes our eternal family possible! We look forward to all that the next year and many, many more years bring! As we grow in our knowledge, grow together, and someday grow in numbers, we know it is by the wonderful grace and goodness of our Heavenly Father to us. Life is good...Come what may and love it!

2 comments:

Laura said...

What fun and cute memories! You guys are so disgustingly cute. :-) By the way, I like Tyler's hair cut in the last few pictures and I LOVE your turquoise shirt you are wearing at the Manti temple. So cute!

Gramma Cheryl said...

Yes, agree with Laura! Loved viewing the past year of your monthly anniversaries, seeing and reading of all the wonderful things you've done to grow your love for each other. You are incredibly blessed!