Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 23, 2012

In Major Need of an Update!

Hello! If you actually read and follow my blog, you may be thinking, "It's about time she put something on here!" To be honest, I have been overwhelmed with the thought of putting anything on, because there is so much to say and catch up on! I just finished report cards, and I'm ready to start thinking about it now. :) Although, it's 4:30 a.m. (Don't worry, I didn't stay up til now working on report cards; I just fell asleep when I was almost done at 1:00 a.m., and just woke up on the couch to finish!) I wasn't planning to take this long to finish them, but I'm juggling several little things in the air, and the blog doesn't seem to fit the priority list! For now, I'll just say a few things I can come back and explain in detail later! So after they took the stitches out from my foot surgery, the wound opened up the next day, and I was back at the E.R. getting it fixed "ster-strip" style, until I saw the doc again. The doc ordered surgery to be done again as soon as possible-- here we go anesthesia! I made it through that well, and the foot over time has healed well. We realized that with the foot being so swollen, the best way to help it heal would be to elevate it while I sat in a wheelchair. Unfortunately, I was supposed to return to school the following Monday! So for four weeks I taught school from a wheelchair. Wow, was that tiring! But my students were so helpful, and between Tyler and my mom and coworkers helping me with rides, I was able to get through the many ins and outs of the car with this very heavy wheelchair. In fact, my birthday was spent with Tyler, who took me to at least 10 places where he loaded and unloaded that wheelchair! My husband and amazing mom should be given many medals of kindness for their willingness to help and not complain about it! What love!!!! I'm happy to report that I'm stitch free (the doc waited a LONG time to take them out!) and that I'm up and walking, teaching, handling stairs, driving, swimming, and doing a little running again now! Oh, I sure missed it, and my heart goes out to anyone who has to live life in a wheelchair. It's not easy! I'm grateful for the gift of being able to do so much! And quickly the end of the year has come! With such a cute class, full of personality, eagerness to learn, happiness, and the first class I've taught as "Mrs. Kendrick!" They will surely be missed!! I am sad to say goodbye to them all tomorrow! And next year will bring a big change for me: doing a job share and working half time! I know it's best so I can take better care of my health, my house, Tyler, pursue other hobbies and opportunities to serve, and spend time with family! I don't know how long I will do a job share, but it's the right thing for now! Tyler and I are SOOOO excited to take off for San Diego as soon as we are both off work Friday! It's a dream vacation, included with a life-long dream of Tyler's to swim with the dolphins! (He's doing it at Sea World!) Many more pictures, details, and updates to be included in the days to follow! But yay for me-- I finally updated my blog with something! :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hooray! And have FUN on vacation!